I need to find a place to live.
In a city as big, and as expensive as London, this is no small task. Also, moving from Austin, where the rents were comparatively *free*, it makes gigantic price tags an even more jagged pill to swallow.
My poor jet-lagged brain is still thinking in terms of dollars as well, so when I see a flat priced at 300 GBP per week, I have absolutely no idea whether this price tag is suitable for my wallet or not.
Of course, there is also the matter of neighborhoods. My dream flat will have:
- at least one bedroom
- access to a garden (public or private)
- accommodation for two adorable puppies
- large bathtub
- not a dump
- 10 minutes or less walk to convenient public transport
- green and leafy neighborhood
- convenient high street with good and practical shops, like a market, dry cleaners, bank, comfortable pub. (no fancy galleries, high-end fashion shops or furniture stores necessary!)
- nice, respectful neighbors.